THIS IS A PRE-REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT
What - Main Program - Key Note Speaker: Kesz Valdez and Corazon Alma De Leon;
Special Participation from Words Anonymous and Kids of Tahanan ng Pagmamahal.
When - March 5, 2016 (Sunday)– 3:30 to 5:30 PM
Where - Stage Area, Glorietta Activity Center
1530 – 1540 Opening Prayer, National Anthem and Opening Video
1540 – 1550 Opening Remarks - JB Tan of iVolunteer Philippines
1550 – 1610 Age Doesn’t Matter in Helping - Kesz Valdez of Dynamic Teen Company
1610 – 1620 Performance: Words Anonymous
1640 – 1700 Volunteerism and being a Public Servant - Former Secretary Corazon De Leon
1700 – 1710 Performance - Violin Kids of Tahanan ng Pagmamahal
Who is Kesz Valdez?
As early as 7 years old, instead of requesting presents for himself, he started giving small gifts for street children during his birthday. At age 14, he established the charity organization - Championing Community Children. Through his organization, he offers homeless children in Cavite City “HOPE GIFTS,” containing packages with clothes, slippers, toothbrushes and toys. At the end of 2012, he was recognized by the International Children’s Peace Prize which is awarded annually to a child, “whose courageous or otherwise remarkable acts have made a difference in countering problems, which affect children around the world.”
Who is Corazon Alma De Leon?
Her dedication in serving the country is an inspiration to all of us. She served the government for 34 years from 1967 to 2001, serving as the Secretary of the DSWD from 1992 to 1995.
She is a staunch advocate of volunteerism, currently serving as the Secretary of the Board of Governors, and Chairman, Volunteer Service Committee of the Philippine Red Cross.
Where is the talk going to be held?
What do I need to do?
- Be among 50 individuals to participate in an intimate discussion about volunteerism through the eyes of Kesz and Cora.
- Invite your friends and family to also join the talk, as well as visit the advocacy areas found throughout the Go Volunteer Expo
Is there a fee for the event?
- Nope! The talk is for free! You can also check out and sign up for other talks scheduled for the weekend.
How do I pre-register for this talk?
- Click on the Volunteer button found at the left side of this page.
- When you click on Volunteer, you are already confirmed for this scheduled talk
- You will be receiving reminders via email prior to the scheduled event
Please come on time. See you there!