The Kristiyano-Islam Peace Library, or KRIS
, is an award-winning, non-profit, non-government organization based in Manila devoted to making education more accessible to Filipino youth living in poor and conflicted communities. Through its libraries, scholarship programs, and learning projects, it has been able to give aid to hundreds of students from Zamboanga City, Zamboanga Sibugay, Davao City, Rizal, and Metro Manila since 2001.
The new school year has begun and we want our library in Quezon City to be ready and be able to accommodate children from Brgy. Holy Spirit better. We have been receiving book donations and school supplies but we have to organize the library first to make sure that we are serving for the best interest of the children and youth going to our library.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Be on of our volunteers and help us set-up our library for this school year 2018-2019
1) Help categorize and sort donated books according to topic
2) Help on making a basic book list (book inventory)
*Volunteers have to bring their own netbook / laptop
3) Help clean/beautify the library proper
*Bring face mask if you are allergic or sensitive to dust
- May get to borrow one book that is sorted and deemed not appropriate for the beneficiary age group (for approval of the Executive Director)
- Be a part of the growing KRIS Library family to be updated of future volunteering opportunities and activities =)
- From SM North Edsa or Commonwealth, ride anything going to Fairview and drop at Ever Gotesco Commonwealth
- Cross the foot bridge to the Shopwise side and you will see a nearby tricycle terminal
- Tell the tricycle driver to drop you at Dona Isidora Street (Left from Don Faustino)
- Look for the tallest house near the dead end
**Text/Update me (Jhon) when you are near or got lost =)
Should you have inquiries, kindly contact:
Jhon Robert O. Ko
0917-621-8953 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For cash donations, book donations, and other information, you may e-mail the same contact person above.