Community Development, Electrification & Energy, Environment & Sustainability, Hunger Alleviation & Nutrition, Indigenous Peoples |
May 28, 2023 |
Solar Hope is an NGO that provides solar and sustainable solutions to marginalized communities in the Philippines. Since 2017, they have lighted more than 2000 homes in remote and unelectrified areas in Region IV.
Project Tanglaw is Solar Hope's household electrification project that aims to light the households of remote and unelectrified areas. Part of the project is teaching the community how to properly use and install the solar home systems and also to celebrate with them having access to light.
Rodriguez, Rizal is one of the many areas that Solar Hope has been helping. In partnership with PAC and JOGS Church, we were able to successfully light 91 Aeta Homes in Sitio Katwiran, Brgy. San Rafael, Rodriguez, Rizal. This time, we are looking to light 30 homes from Sitio Upper Pintor also in Rodriguez, Rizal and 5 solar home systems for Basecamp Elementary School. The turn-over will happen in San Rafael along with a feeding program.
(Every volunteer could be involved in at least one of these activities)
1. Solar Validation - Revisit the homes of the previous beneficiaries of solar home systems and check if there are any issues and how it helped their families.
2. Feeding Program - assists in packaging the food and in distributing it.
3. Games - help facilitate the games for the children of the community.
4. Solar Orientation - As the speaker explains about the product, assist the beneficiaries in unwrapping it and guide them on how to use it.
5. Documentation - take photos and videos of the event and can create a short video or highlights of the event.
Date of the Outreach is on May 28, 2023. (Participants will be advised if date to be changed due to weather condition or other possible reason)
More details on logistics would be provided to interested participants.
Join us as we light the community and become beacons of hope!