May 29, 2023 |
Solar Hope is an NGO that provides solar and sustainable solutions to marginalized communities in the Philippines. Since 2017, they have lighted more than 2000 homes in remote and unelectrified areas in Region IV.
Project Tanglaw is Solar Hope's household electrification project that aims to light the households of remote and unelectrified areas. Part of the project is teaching the community how to properly use and install the solar home systems and also to celebrate with them having access to light.
Rodriguez, Rizal is one of the many areas that Solar Hope has been helping. In partnership with PAC and JOGS Church, we were able to successfully light 91 Aeta Homes in Sitio Katwiran, Brgy. San Rafael, Rodriguez, Rizal. This time, we are looking to light 42 homes in Sitio Lower Bangkal Tribu, also in Rodriguez, Rizal. The turn-over will happen in San Isidro.
(Every volunteer could be involved in at least one of these activities)
1. Community Consultation - Facilitate a group discussion tackling the needs and problems in the community. Take down notes about the discussion.
2. Games - help facilitate the games for the children of the community.
3. Solar Orientation - As the speaker explains about the product, assist the beneficiaries in unwrapping it and guide them on how to use it.
4. Solar Installation - Assist in installing the solar home systems in their homes.
5. Documentation - take photos and videos of the event and can create a short video or highlights of the event.
Date of the Outreach is on May 29, 2023. (Participants will be advised if date to be changed due to weather condition or other possible reason)
More details on logistics would be provided to interested participants.
Join us as we light the community and become beacons of hope!