Children & Youth, Education, Hunger Alleviation & Nutrition, Volunteerism |
May 28, 2023 |
Looking for a meaningful way to spend your Sundays?
Be an After School Program Teacher and Hero!
As an ASP volunteer, you will have the opportunity to help children in grade school and high school excel in their academics by providing them with tutorial services and enrichment activities outside of school. This program aims to curb the dropout rate from school, especially during the pandemic.
Your role as a volunteer will be to assist with food preparation, set-up, serving, and cleaning up. You will also be assigned to a group of kids to tutor, review and reinforce lessons, and provide academic support.
We strongly encourage volunteers to bring snacks, toiletries, coloring books, and crayons to supplement the feeding program.
The flow of the Hunger Relief Program and Learning Activity is as follows:
- 7:15 to 7:29 AM: Meet-up with volunteers
- 7:30 to 7:45 AM: Travel time to Tondo
- 7:45 to 8:00 AM: Briefing and preparations
- 8:00 to 9: 15 AM: Serving of meals and clean-up time
- 9:15 to 11:00 AM: Learning activity proper (Sunday After School Program)
Join us at Project Pearls' Sunday Feeding and After-School Program (ASP) in Helping Land, Tondo!
- Meet Up: Jollibee LRT-1 Tayuman station at 7:15 am and we'll leave no later than 7:30 am. You will receive an orientation before the start of the activity, so please be on time so you won't miss any important information.
- Contact Jedda Punzalan at 0949-813-4749 at least three days before the event to be informed of any last-minute announcements. Kindly mention that you got her number from the iVolunteer website.
Before volunteering with us, please first read our Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and Volunteer Guidelines. Learn more about Project PEARLS at www.projectpearls.org.
We can't wait to see you there!